20 Phrases A Faithful Catholic Would Never Say


20 phrases a faithful Catholic would never say - except perhaps in jest (or to expose a glaring contradiction or evil).
  1. Mother Teresa has nothing on me.
  2. I'm so proud of my humility.
  3. I don't understand why others are so reluctant to recognize me as a prophetic voice in the Church.
  4. Chastity is so passé.
  5. I'm all for the prosperity gospel.
  6. It doesn't matter how many sexual partners you have just as long as you love yourself.
  7. Marriage is a prison invented by the patriarchy.
  8. Jesus was just a nice guy. (A common diminishment of the Lord's identity.)
  9. I don't get why the bread and wine at Mass is so important. After all, it's just bread and wine. (contra the Real Presence)
  10. Love is love. (A popular meaningless trope used by those attempting to justify sinful behaviour.)
  11. Our Father/Mother in heaven, holy is your Name.
  12. We baptize you in the Name of the Creator, the Redeemer and the Sanctifier.
  13. "(T)he Virgin Mary and St. Joseph had the relationship of a normal couple, which involved having sex and having the normal relationship of a couple." - Sister Lucía Caram (contra the perpetual virginity of Mary)
  14. I look at you and I think to myself, "I'm not so bad after all."
  15. Children aren't so much a gift from God as they are a way to finance my retirement.
  16. Suffering is just an illusion.
  17. My personal pronouns are they/them.
  18. I just feel that the Church should be a democracy.
  19. Of all the people I admire most, Margaret Sanger is in the top ten.
  20. David Haas' music is so much better than William Byrd's.
2 Timothy 4:3

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching,
but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life At The Altar Rail: 22 Behaviours Categorized

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

You know you're a REAL altar server when... .

Clash of the Titans: Strickland v. Martin

The opinions expressed herein are largely those of the blog author. Every effort is made to conform to Church teaching. Comments are welcome.