Quotes for a Thursday

Seventynine Creek | Gilbert

Difficulties are things that show a person what they are. - Epictetus

Strong reasons make strong actions. - William Shakespeare, Lewis in King John

To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often. - Saint John Henry Newman

My strength returns to me with my cup of coffee and the reading of the psalms. - Dorothy Day

O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long? Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly. - Psalm 6

Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before...you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or a hellish creature. - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I did not know it was possible to be so miserable and live but I am told that this is a common experience. - Evelyn Waugh

When we argue for our limitations, we get to keep them. - Evelyn Waugh

Don't worry about being effective. Just concentrate on being faithful to the truth. - Dorothy Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life At The Altar Rail: 22 Behaviours Categorized

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

You know you're a REAL altar server when... .

Clash of the Titans: Strickland v. Martin

The opinions expressed herein are largely those of the blog author. Every effort is made to conform to Church teaching. Comments are welcome.