Hero or Coward?

Remnant

That so-called faithful Catholic public officials shamelessly act against everything we are supposed to believe in and still present themselves to receive Holy Communion is nothing less than scandalous. Have they no fear of hell? Have they no gratitude for the gift they have been given by Christ, Who suffered and died for us, that we might be saved from sin and death?

A blurb from the National Catholic Register.

https://www.ncregister.com/news/new-catholic-elected-officials-hope-to-lead-with-faith

We're beginning to see a younger generation shed the sophistry of the Kennedy-era limp Catholicism that put power before true piety. The following Catholics are heroes living the Faith.

State Sen.-elect Coleman said that her Catholic faith informs her policy views “the same way it informs every decision I make.”

In Arizona, State Rep.-elect Nguyen says something similar. “I love Jesus, and he’s always going to be a part of my decisions,” he said.

Integrating public service with the rest of one’s life as a Catholic is the approach advocated for by Mary Elizabeth Coleman, a relative newcomer to political life who just won a second term as a Missouri state representative. Coleman said that one’s Catholicity shouldn’t be fragmented between his or her public and private activity, but should be a constant. She said California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s now famous observation to then-judicial nominee Barrett in 2017 that “the dogma lives loudly in you” is “a really beautiful thing to have said to you,” and a sign that a Catholic in public service is living authentically.

“If I’m doing it right, I’m trying to do it in a way that’s fully integrated with who I am,” said Coleman of her vocation as a Catholic in public life. “It’s not a piece of who I am. It’s just who I am.”

What about President-elect Biden? Pelosi?

Saint Matthew 10:32-33

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 11:27

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life At The Altar Rail: 22 Behaviours Categorized

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

You know you're a REAL altar server when... .

Clash of the Titans: Strickland v. Martin

The opinions expressed herein are largely those of the blog author. Every effort is made to conform to Church teaching. Comments are welcome.