Mr. Bruise

LA Times
As you know, dear Reader, the Train Man or Mr. Bruise, same guy, has a major hate-on for the Ordinariate.

Heavy Sigh

Mr. Bruise's mean-spirited 17APRIL rant attacks Prof. Sir Clinton A. Brand, KSG, scholar, professor, gentleman and member of the Anglicanae Traditiones Interdicasterial Commission (ATIC), the body that gave to the Church and the world the Ordinariate Missal. That is, Divine Worship: the Missal.
In his letter, Cardinal Müller expresses his own gratitude for Dr. Brand’s contribution (to the work of the ATIC): “Your expertise in Reformation and post-Reformation English religious literature and culture has been of invaluable assistance to the Holy See.” Cardinal Müller continues: “Your work has already born fruit in the publication of Divine Worship: Occasional Services, a ritual book which I was indeed pleased to present both to our Holy Father, Pope Francis, and to Pope Emeritus Benedict. The forthcoming publication of Divine Worship: The Missal will give further eloquent expression to the vision of Pope Benedict that the unity of faith can be preserved, even amplified, in a diversity of expression.”
As much as the Bruise's hit-piece attempts to mock an intelligent, informed and faithful witness to the Catholic Faith and the Ordinariate experience, he only succeeds in confirming his massive ignorance and ill will. He has yet to realize that he is not the important, informed writer he imagines himself to be.

Perhaps Mr. Bruise believes that a good tongue-lashing now and then keeps a man humble and focused on mission. Life is tough, he might insist, and creating callouses helps others to endure negative and undeserved criticism. Perhaps he's just kidding around, merely testing the tolerance of reviewers of his poisonous scribbling. Both propositions are equally unlikely.

Digital Breadcrumbs

Mr. Bruise has a fondness for model trains. Voices from a model train website acknowledge his habit of engaging in ill-mannered commentary.

Click on Image to Enlarge
Bruise's attacks are wearisome, to say the least, and worrisome for reasons spiritual. Some day we all must stand before "Almighty God, unto whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from whom no secrets are hid", and face the music. To Mr. Bruise, we say - give it a rest. 'It': the routine verbal assaults conducted against soft targets.

Mr. Bruise also has a history of dissing clergy. While the (fictitious?) informants he cites remain anonymous, he accords his victims no such consideration.

Mr. Bruce:
I was told by several on the Atlas Forum of your recent diatribe against clergy on the Atlas forum over the flap over Model Railroader, et.al. I want to first of all tell you, that I certainly do answer to God FIRST and not you as far as my conduct, what I do and don't do, and anything else that happens in my daily walk. Second, I answer to the congregations that called me, Third I answer to the denomination I am a part of, and somewhere in there, my wife is included. After reading through all that "stuff" I guess you are of the opinion that clergy should not have a part in anything controversial in these forums and indeed, I don't intend to, and did leave the forum at one time over some very obscene stuff. I returned after hearing from the moderator it wouldn't be allowed to happen again. 
. . . . In short, you can disagree with me, but you can't condemn me, or Mike [apparently referring to the non-existent "Rev Mike" I mentioned above], and that is what you have done. You have identified me in your ramblings on the website by location and denomination. A large number of people from the Atlas forum have read it and commented to me about your tone, and that will spread, so you have labeled me before a hobby community that I have been a part of since my Seminary days back in the late 1950's. 
B. Miller, West Franklin Baptist Parish [e-mail address redacted] 
The comments cited above expose Mr. Bruise's problematic behavior which, if taken along with the many other examples of his personal attacks presented at his religion blog, borders on harassment.

Hear, again, Mr. Miller from the same thread:
I have worked in the computer field to support myself so that I could pastor small congregations that did not have the resources for the big salaries to have a full time pastor, think Paul and making tents, and when I took early retirement in 1996 from the computer field, I took two small congregations full time, using pension and the salary they can pay me, along with Social Security, to support myself. In the years past, I was also used to start new congregations while working. So I will let God/Christ judge me, but certainly not you. 
I will pray for you, that you might have a change of attitude, I will not write any public forums or emails to any one else about you, I will not curse your name in the "temple". But I am not going to engage in an open debate with you and drag my profession through the mud as you seem to want. 
And, I will put a filter block on my email account so I won't have to deal with your continued ravings. 
B. Miller, West Franklin Baptist Parish [e-mail address redacted]
More On John

The following threads bear witness to Mr. Bruise's wrongheadedness and unnecessary malice toward others whose opinions differ from his own.

RCH
Been Nothin' Since Frisco

Misused? Greater sense of integrity? Was John Olson's express goal to develop as an "original" artist and did he fail at that? Or, was he building model railroads for his own enjoyment? See, this is what makes me just want to throw it all out - these suppositions based on Bruce's own set of ideals that he determines success or failure for everyone else.
The same commenter notes:
His (Bruise's) manifesto reads like AM talk radio sounds... It can seem reasonable, but take his arguments head on and they're paper thin. Granted, he does make some solid observations here and there, but the conclusions he draws from them are too far fetched for me.
The Administrator of the forum corroborates Mr. Bruise's unpleasant behavior.

Click on Image to Enlarge

The forum Administrator quoted Mr. Bruise's article captured in part below.



Mr. Bruise uses the same email address for his posts at his religion blog and at the model train sites at which he has commented.





A Personal Note

May this day, Divine Mercy Sunday, be an opportunity for him to examine the harm he has done.

Mr. Bruce,

Join the rest of us poor sinners in admitting that we all need to effect change in our lives on an ongoing basis. Seek the mercy of God and practice mercy toward others. Do not let the information presented above distract you from owning your actions. Use it to examine your conscience and to clean the house of your soul. Walk away from the negativity; use your time for better things.

Fraternally yours,
Gilbert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life At The Altar Rail: 22 Behaviours Categorized

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

You know you're a REAL altar server when... .

Clash of the Titans: Strickland v. Martin

The opinions expressed herein are largely those of the blog author. Every effort is made to conform to Church teaching. Comments are welcome.