10 Mostly Useless Conversations Of A Moral Kind


Pearls before... .

1. Philanderer.
Bob: "Hey Phil, would you like to come to Mass this Sunday? You've been saying how much you'd like to meet new people you can trust."
Phil: "No thanks, Bob. When I said 'trust', I meant people I could trust to never call me after a one-night stand."

2. Opportunist.
Mary: "Daryl is so respectful of others and is so generous with his time."
Tiffany: "Yawn. I want a man who gives me lots of expensive stuff and doesn't mind me seeing other guys."

3. Arrested development.
John: "Hey Debbie, would you like to go for a walk this afternoon? I hear there are some musicians playing at the bandshell in the park."
Debbie: "Naw. I'm gonna face paint my cat, take videos, and post them on TikTok."

4. Delusion.
Pete: "I thought you said you are a practicing Catholic. Why do you do hard drugs?"
Chris: "Hey man, don't judge me. I do drugs because drugs make me a better me."

5. Narcissism.
Melanie: "Hi Todd, would you like to go to a movie tonight?"
Todd: "Uhhh, yeaaaah. I can't. I'll be surfing dating sites."

6. Assumptions.
Fr. Cornwall: "When was the last time you went to confession, Pat?"
Pat: "Father, confession is so passé. Stop slut-shaming me!"

7. Priorities.
Isabella: "Are you coming to Mass?"
Julio: "There's a pickleball tournament I'm going to check out. So, no."

8. Sloth.
Karl: "Hey Heidi, would you like to come to Evensong later?"
Heidi: "I've gotta paint my nails, Ken... er,... Karter,... I mean, Karl. Sorry. Raincheck."

9. Control freak.
Sister Carol: "Why are we moving the tabernacle to the basement? Somehow that seems so disrespectful."
Deacon Jeb: "Because I say so."

10. Just reward.
Deacon Jeb: "Why are you parked in my spot?!"
Lisa: "Because Sister Carol told me to."

The object of each of the above duets might be obvious. One might imagine a third line to each couplet. That third line might yield an immediate conclusion or a slower and subtler verdict, a sarcastic jab, a retraction, or a retreat into timidity. One might ask, "Who is at fault?" after pondering each couplet. Perhaps one might see each duet as something of a lens through which may be viewed and evaluated an aspect of one's own circumstance or actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

15 Fictitious Modern Saints

27 One-sided Parish Conversations Or Captions

20 Additional Signs You Might Just Be In A(n) Heterodox Parish

Every effort is made herein this blog to conform to the teaching of the Church - Quod ubique, quod semper, quod ab omnibus creditum est. Comments are welcome.