A Porcupine, Committees, And Ditsy Sermons
Let’s be honest, dragging a cheese grater over one's thigh sounds almost appealing compared to enduring those mind-numbing situations foisted upon us by people eagerly awaiting their next chance to be offended.
- I wish I could be abducted by space aliens before tomorrow's staff meeting.
- I’d prefer a chaotic audit by rabid raccoons over sitting through yet another speech that starts with, “As we reimagine the paradigm moving forward…”.
- I'd rather navigate rush-hour traffic using only a treasure map than sit through another committee meeting about creating a committee.
- I'd rather read the terms and conditions for every app on my phone than hear another sermon that mistakes partisan talking points for divine revelation.
- I'd rather be stranded at sea with a karaoke machine stuck on The Chipmunk Song than endure another lecture where every disagreement is treated as a full-blown crisis.
- I'd rather watch Joanie Loves Chachi episodes while folding fitted sheets than attend one more meeting where nothing is decided except the date of the next meeting.
- I'd rather spend six hours trapped in an airport listening to delayed-flight announcements than hear another sermon that sounds suspiciously like a campaign platform with footnotes.
- I'd rather referee a debate between conspiracy theorists and astrologers than sit through another lecture on why every social problem can be solved by creating a new committee.
- I'd rather watch Joanie Loves Chachi reruns translated into Esperanto than hear one more homily that contains more political slogans than Scripture.
- I'd sooner take dietary advice from a golden retriever than attend another meeting devoted to revising the wording of a statement about revising a previous statement.
- I'd rather be stranded on a desert island with nothing but a kazoo and a tax manual than listen to another speaker explain that disagreement is a form of violence.
- I’d rather sort Lego bricks by color in a pitch-black room than sit through another presentation that starts with land acknowledgements and wraps up with calls for wealth redistribution.
- Given the choice between dragging a cheese grater over my thigh and hearing Father James Martin SJ expound upon human sexuality, I should judge the former the less onerous burden.
- I'd rather sort screws by thread count than attend another workshop on deconstructing things nobody has constructed.
- I'd rather watch a 14-hour documentary on the history of lint than hear another sermon that somehow discovers Karl Marx lurking behind every verse of the Gospel.
- I've found that the surest sign a conclusion is settled is when an entire meeting is devoted to proving it wasn't.
- I'd rather spend an afternoon on hold with customer service than attend another workshop on deconstructing things nobody has constructed.
- I'd rather leap into a rock quarry than spend an hour listening to someone explain why the highest form of generosity is mandatory and paid for by others.
- I'd rather read all 2,200 pages of a government procurement manual than listen to another sermon whose main point is that the Kingdom of God looks remarkably like a faculty lounge.
- I've attended funerals with a livelier exchange of ideas than most DEI hiring meetings.
- I'd sooner share a sleeping bag with an angry porcupine than hear another church official announce that Christianity needs less theology and more sociology.
Comments
Post a Comment
Your comments will be appreciated and posted if 1) they are on topic and 2) preserve decorum.
Stand by your word.