My grace is sufficient for you.

Photo by Enrique Vidal Flores

Do not turn your suffering into wrath, for madness shall surely follow, a madness that consumes not only you but those around you as well. Such a madness consumes reason and sympathy, and boils away humanity until, in isolation, a continuous lament becomes the dirge of a soul possessed of the need to destroy others, even making one become the thing hated.

The saints know that our wounds leave a place for God to enter in and transform and purify us of useless attachments, relieving us of false loves. No one should pretend that the crucifying process of suffering is without pain. With the grace of God, we are able to enter into the wounds of Jesus, which are a place for us to enter in, in His time and in His way, to be transformed more and more in likeness to God. Our capacity to bear trials and to rely on God for His peace is increased the more we trust God and accept His grace to live for, by and with Him, for the salvation of souls.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

(B)ut he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life At The Altar Rail: 22 Behaviours Categorized

You Know You're In A Progressive Catholic Parish When... .

You know you're a REAL altar server when... .

Clash of the Titans: Strickland v. Martin

The opinions expressed herein are largely those of the blog author. Every effort is made to conform to Church teaching. Comments are welcome.